Saturday, March 21, 2009

Timelines: U.S. Visa Holder Category (H1B)

10OCT08-E-mailed documents to AINP for pre-assessment
17OCT08-Received confirmation e-mail saying the received the docs
10NOV08-Received invitation-letter dated Oct 31, postmarked Nov 3
24NOV08-Mailed full application package to the AINP (via USPS)
28NOV08-AINP received the application package (USPS confirmation)
17DEC08-Received the file number (xxxx-08-43x)
10FEB09-Received nomination-letter dated Jan 20, postmarked Feb 4

10FEB09-Received PCC from my home country (thanks to bro & sis)
17FEB09-Signed, dated and mailed the PN Acknowledgement to AB
17FEB09-Mailed the fingerprints and cover letters to the FBI in WV
28FEB09-I received my FBI fingerprint card back
02MAR09-My wife received her FBI fingerprint card back

11MAR09-Mailed documents for State Police Certificates (AL, NY, IL)
23MAR09-AL sent me a letter and wants to know why I'm immigrating
24MAR09-Faxed a letter of intent with an explanation why I'm moving
26MAR09-My wife and I both received IL and I received my NY PCCs
28MAR09-I received my PCC from Alabama (I hope it is a PCC)
30MAR09-My wife and I picked up Utah PCCs from their office
31MAR09-My wife received her PCCs from her home country and NY

06APR09-Mailed the complete application package to the CIC Buffalo
08APR09-CIC Buffalo received the application package (USPS conf.)
21APR09-Buffalo returned the appl. due to not writing 'present'
22APR09-Resent the application to CIC Buffalo (Happy Earth Day!)
23APR09-Buffalo received the application package signed by M. O.
07MAY09-Cashier's Check cashed/cleared (glad, no package back)
02JUL09-AOR and Medical Request arrived (postmarked June 29)

15JUL09-Medicals done of the entire family in Utah (4 people - $976)
22JUL09-Medical sent to Ottawa via DHL and tracking no. provided
23JUL09-Medical package is delivered and signed by MAILROOM

26JUL09-Change of address requested through an e-mail to Buffalo
28JUL09-My file transferred to New York from Buffalo (e-CAS)
03AUG09-My New Address is showing on e-CAS with a minor typo
10AUG09-Received the letter from Buffalo on file transfer to NYC
11AUG09-Submitted case-specific-enquiry to correct address error
31AUG09-Sent e-mail to NY Office to fix the error in my address
07SEP09-e-CAS updated with medical received and address fixed

01OCT09-Sent an e-mail requesting Case Status & PPR via e-mail
19OCT09-Received Passport Request, dated 10/15, mailed 10/16
21OCT09-Passports sent to the Consulate General of Canada-NYC
22OCT09-CGC-NYC received the passports signed by D. Chao
28OCT09-CGC-NYC mailed the passports back (per USPS Tracking)
29OCT09-Received passports back with PR visas in them (Hurray!)

15NOV09-Landed and became Canadian PR in Coutts, Alberta POE
19NOV09-Came back into the US using AP via Sweet Grass, MT POE
14DEC09-PR cards arrived for the wife and kids in Calgary
21DEC09-PR card arrived for me in Calgary (was mailed late)
23DEC09-PR cards and other documents mailed from Calgary (UPS)
28DEC09-Package arrived to Utah with PR, SIN, Health & Bank cards

10 comments:

  1. This is a great Blog Nix1, and our time is almost the same, maybe we'll meet at the border the day we land, LOL!
    Keep doing this!

    Cchabert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hello Everybody,
      My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
      First name......
      Middle name.....
      2) Gender:.........
      3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
      4) Loan Duration:.........
      5) Country:.........
      6) Home Address:.........
      7) Mobile Number:.........
      8) Email address..........
      9) Monthly Income:.....................
      10) Occupation:...........................
      11)Which site did you here about us.....................
      Thanks and Best Regards.
      Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I am glad you liked the blog. It would be nice for me to look back and read what I went through to get to Canada. If I can keep this blog going, may be my kids will read and appreciate the struggles their parents had to go through.

    It would be interesting if we meet at the time of landing. Let's keep in tough through the CanadaVisa forum and this blog and we can plan our landing trip to Alberta.

    Thanks and take care.
    -Nix1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say you are very lucky. I too started application in Nov 2008, but i only just received my AOR :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come I am lucky? I started mine a month before you (Oct) and I just sent my application to Buffalo and you already received your AOR.

    Unless the AOR you are talking about is the file number from the AINP office, not from the Buffalo office.

    Nix1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Job guys I am on the same timeline with you, I should say your input in the forum Help me a alot on my way to alberta, I didn't put my NOC code anymore because I felt that most of you are in IT and Engineering field and I am on the Social Service because I am a Social Worker related. Just wanna say THANK YOU on my small way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for creating this blog. I really appreciate all the information. Good luck in your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we just received our medical request on june 25 2010 and we medical was sent on august 18 2010. we dont know how long its going to take.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi nix1, i just want to congrats you on a beautiful journey and pray for you for helping others. I have some questions to you.
    Are you still in Alberta?
    which city, we are intending to land in edmonton did you went there ? do you like it?
    what hurdles do you see?
    Please reply me if you are still using this blog.i'll really appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this blog is so informative, keep it up :))

    ReplyDelete