Monday, April 6, 2009

Finally, Mailed the Package to CIC Buffalo

I mailed our application package to the CIC Buffalo this afternoon at 1:04PM MST. They will receive it tomorrow before 12NOON. It cost me $17.50 for that, which comes with a tracking number and signature confirmation. It feels great to be able to send the application package after almost 2 months from the date I received the nomination (Feb 10, 2009). Now, I hope and pray that they will not send my package back to me for something that I forgot to do or something very minor that they could ask me to send instead of them sending the whole package back. As far as I know I have included everything they have asked for.

If I remember correctly, I had to sign at least 3 places or it could have been 4 places. My wife had to sign 2 places. I have included 16 photos (4 for each person) and a Cashier's Check of US$1190 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Two things I am a little bit worried about are:

1) The photos do not have solid white backgrounds (one instruction says it has to be white and another instruction says it can be light-colored background, so not sure what they really want).

2) I did not attach the cashier's check and photo envelopes the way they wanted me to(their instruction did not make sense to me and did not seem practical). I did not staple them even though "the helpful hints" clearly said to staple them with the generic form's first and second pages respectively. Instead, I used a paperclip to attach the check and I used two paperclips to attach the photo envelopes. I attached the check on the top of the generic form and the photo envelopes at the bottom of the same page. As soon as they open the envelope, they will see both the check and photos. I also placed "the checklist" on the top of my application covering the check and photos, but it is stapled separately. Now wait for the AOR and medical instructions.

Came home from work this evening and went out to have some good ice cream with the family to celebrate the sending of the application package. We will have a bigger celebration when we get the AOR and medical request and even bigger than that when they request our passports for PR visas.

No comments:

Post a Comment