Saturday, April 4, 2009

Everything is READY to be mailed on Monday

Yesterday (Friday), I visited the CIC Buffalo website and downloaded all the CIC forms. Checked the dates when they were updated to see if I can use the old forms that I filled out when I sent my application to the AINP office. The two forms were updated recently, so I decided to use them instead the old ones. I had to update one of those forms for my wife as well. I completely filled them out and printed while I was at work and brought home. This morning, woke up at 7:45AM and took shower and ate breakfast and signed and dated all the forms. For the end dates for some of the things like current address and current job, wrote "Present". I heard that CIC does not like when you left a date field empty. Asked the wife to sign and date her forms. She made a mistake when entering the date when she signed one of her forms. The format of the date was changed and she did not realize that (year was first instead of day). I did not have an extra copy and my printer at home was not working. I needed to go to my work place to pick up my PNP certificate as it was left there and I forgot to bring it with me last night. I decided to print the page where she made mistake again at my work place.

I went to my work place around 10:00AM and picked up the PNP Certificate. I also printed a couple of things when I was there including my wife’s form. I went to the Springville Wal-mart. They have America First Credit Union branch that opens on Saturdays. Asked a teller to create a Cashier's check of $1190 ($465+$645+$130+$130) in the name of Canadian Consulate General. He did that and I asked if there is somebody who could notarize my documents. He said he is a public notary and he will be able to do so. Went in to his office and he looked at my documents and asked me if I have the originals with me. I said no and he said he needs to looks at the originals. Anyway, he also learned that I needed to notarize birth and marriage certificates too and he said he cannot notarize them as they are considered the public documents and I need to get originals of them. Anyway, my luck did not favor this time as the guy who notarized my documents when I needed them to send to the AINP was not there. That time, he did not even look at my originals and notarized all, including birth and marriage certificates. When I was in the Wal-mart, I printed some photos too which I had created using a free software. You can print eight photos (35mm x 45mm) on 4 x 6 photo paper. I also picked up a box of small envelops that I needed to put photos of me and my family members before sending those photos to the CIC Buffalo. I heard that I need to send 4 photos of each person.

Came home and went to Chinese Buffet with the family and on the way back, tried Wells Fargo Bank (where I have accounts too) and this time I had my originals with me. The guy said the samething that he cannot notarize birth and marriage certificates and he also said he cannot even notarize photocopies. He said I need to write a letter and he can notarize the letter, but he cannot stamp anything on my documents. He was worse than the guy I met at the America First earlier. I decided to go to another store branch of America First (located in Macey's Grocery Store) and talked a beautiful and nice lady and she said yes and did not even ask what documents I had or if I have an account with them. She brought her record book, stamps and notarized all the documents. Bless her. Thanks to her that I have everything is ready. All I need to do is arrange them the way the CIC wants them, staple the Cashier's check and photos and they are ready to be mailed on Monday (April 6, 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment