Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Application Has Finally Reached to Buffalo

This afternoon, I received an message in my e-mail box letting me know that my application package has been delivered to the CIC Buffalo Office. Here is the exact message:

"Your item was delivered at 11:00 AM on April 8, 2009 in BUFFALO, NY 14203 to CANADIAN CONSULATE . The item was signed for by R MACIEJEWSKI."

By the way, the package was supposed to be there yesterday (April 7th) before 12PM, but that did not happen. I was informed by the USPS website and the lady at the local post office that if I pay $17.50, the package will get to its destination the next day before 12PM. I guess the lady and the USPS website lied to me. I called 1-800 number and complained about it and the lady on the phone told me that she has no idea on why it took an extra day for my package to be delivered, but she said, if I go to the local post office and complained and fill out a form, they will refund the money and let me know what happened.

Anyway, the package is already there and that's the most important thing. So, I am not going to waste my time and their time at the post office. One thing I learned from this experience is that don't wait until the last minute (if there is a deadline) hoping that the package will get there the day they said it will get there. Now, all I want is the CIC Buffalo to not send my package back and send me the AOR and medical request in next two months. Everybody, wish me luck. Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. I wish you very good luck in ur journey..Harsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. got a quick question.. do we need PCC from every state we reside in USA..?? do you think its a good idea to start appying for PCC right after sending the AINP docuements?? or is advisable to wait till i get nominated ..when do u think is the right time to start gathering the documents required to send em to CIC??? sorry too many questions....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Harsha and wish you all the best if you are in this journey too.

    For the other person, yes you need PCC from all the states that you have lived for more than 6 months. It is NOT good idea to apply for PCC right after sending the docs to the AINP as the PCCs are valid for 3 months from the date it was issued. If you do not get your nomination within 3 months, you will have to start over again. I would think starting after nomination would be just fine. As you can see from my timelines, I have received all of my PCCs including the FBI ones in about 2 weeks time frame. You can do the same thing with the CIC documents. All you need to do is update the date and signature on the CIC forms, include all the PCCs, nomination letter and financial documents. You also need 4 photos for each person which you can be ready in 10 minutes in Walmart, Costco etc. So, it does not take that much time to gather all the documents when you send your application to CIC. Only thing might take long time is getting PCC from your home country depending on where you are from. You would have to figure that out early. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the reply..this is harsha..actually it was me who asked the questions..yes i am in the same journey..hopefully everything will go cool...good luck once again..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently in US and originally from India. I lived in 2 states in India. Do I need to get 2 different police certificates (one from each state) from Indian Consulate?

    ReplyDelete
  6. From India, you need only one. You can get that from the Indian Embassy/Consulate in the US.

    The State PCCs they needed are from the US States only.

    ReplyDelete