Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CIC Buffalo Returned My Application Package

My worst fear came true this evening. My application package has been returned by the CIC Buffalo people. The reason was, we forgot to write "PRESENT" in two places on my wife's forms (current address and personal history). I could not believe that I overlooked those when I had written 'Present' on my forms. I wasted 2 weeks of time and $17.50 for postage.

I think I will be sending the application back again tomorrow. One problem is that my home country police certificate expired yesterday (was issued Jan 20, 2009). I hope they would not make me request a new police certificate or return my application again because of that. I guess life is all about making mistakes and learning from them.

4 comments:

  1. Hey.. this is harsha.. sorry about that.. hopefully it will go thru this time...bte.. do you have to submit two CIC forms one for the applicant and one for the wife???

    did you forget to fill current address and previous addres.. is that the reason why it was returned back???? Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your message Harsha. Don't worry, things happen and need to learn from them. I have tried to explain the reasons on my recent post (today's post). That might answer your questions. If not please ask them again and I will try to answer them. Thanks.

    -Nix1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello this is Mark..i just sent my application to buffalo..im just worried about putting "present" in the field of personal history and addresses...when i was doing the form i could not type any text on the field so i decided to put the current date the month and year when i submitted my application...do you think that would be OK?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nix 1 this is Mark..pls answer Thnx alot

    ReplyDelete