Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Medicals Done Today

We did our medicals today (July 15, 2009) in Utah. It cost us $976 (358+358+130+130) for everything (2 adults, 2 children under 4 years old). It started with filling out medical history forms for all of us including the children and then weight and height measurements for all of us including the kids again. Then the nurse took us to a hallway to check our eyes and asked to read some letters. I was having hard time reading some of the small letters. My wife did not have any problem reading everything the nurse asked her to read. Kids did not have to do this step. After that the nurse checked my blood pressure and it was 122/88. I got worried about the numbers, but she told me that the CIC may ask for more tests only if the numbers are higher than 140/90. My wife's blood pressure was 110/66. Kids did not have to do this step as well. My wife and I also had to sign the consent forms for blood work, urine test, and chest x-ray.

After waiting for about 15 minutes, the doctor came in and chatted for a few minutes and started the physical on my son first as he was already sitting on the medical bed. He checked his ears, mouth, eyes with his torch light. Eye checking was kind of long process. He made my son follow the light with his eyes and also checked his eyes making the room dark. After that he asked my boy to lie down and checked his tummy, his hands, knees, and feet. We all had to take off shoes and socks for feet checking. He asked him to bend and touch his toes. He also checked his heart beat and the back. He also looked at his private parts, but did not touch. Same steps were followed for all of us. A few extra things he did to me is he asked me to unbutton and unzip the pants and pull the underwear down, so he can see my private parts. After that he grabbed the balls and asked me to cough. He also pulled my shirt and t-shirt up and checked for moles on the back. He also checked my wife's breasts by sliding his hand underneath the medical gown she was asked to wear few minutes before this procedure.

After that he took us to the lab and where the lady gave me a bottle and cleaner for urine. After the urine is collected, she drew blood and took me to X-ray area where one-view chest X-ray was taken. After these, I took care the kids and my wife followed the same steps. The whole process took about two hours. We were there at about 9:30AM and we were out by 11:30AM. After that we went for a good lunch to celebrate the completion of the medicals. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Glad to hear that you completed your medicals. One question, do we have to take any photographs along ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 2 photos for each adult and 1 photo for each kid. You can use the same size pics that you used for the CIC application or you can use Canadian passport size photo.

    ReplyDelete